Pages

Sunday 1 September 2013

and now for something completely different ..

When one of the deal-of-the-day websites offered a deal on a glass fusion class I hopped out of my chair and onto that train of crazy fun without hesitation.

Lara, owner of the Glazing Pot Studio & Gifts, created an amazing first experience with glass.   It's actually a pretty easy process. You get a base piece of glass and add your glass pieces in a design of your choice.  We made three items in total: two necklaces and one plate.

Necklace One:


Necklace Two:


Finished fired product Necklace One and Two:


As I was leaving the house for the class Alex asked if I would create one of my pieces for him.  I didn't have much trouble coming up with designs for the pendants, however, with the larger medium the pressure to create was amped and I struggled a bit with deciding on what to design.  I was very grateful, at that point, for Alex's little voice to remind me to devote one of my pieces to him.  My little muse is very much enamoured with octopuses (grab a coffee and take a look at suction cup the yarn octopus).  I created the following piece:


And the final fired product:


My octopus' garden made the Glazing Pot Studio Facebook page!


All three pieces together:


Alex loved the end result so much that we signed up for camp at the Glazing Pot Studio this summer and Alex made a stunning spider in a tree hanging from a web:


I'm entering my glass fusion pieces into PJ Challenge New Technique Challenge September Motivator as my second entry.  It's not a card or a layout or a tag but it definitely is a new technique.

My crafting space is undergoing some minor adjustments and renovations and I am definitely going through crafting withdrawal.  I did manage to open my art journal and start a page which is a great leap in the right direction.  Very happy with the beginnings of my first page and I can't wait to get it ready to be posted and to share.  And thank you for stopping by!  I love the comments and support.  It's incredible to have so many talented people comment positively on my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment