Pages

Sunday 14 December 2014

the lights will guide you home: arctic sky winter wonderland tag

I participated in an alphabetical winter wonderland tag swap this holiday season with my stamp club.  My letter: "A".  Designing a winter-themed tag with the letter "A" is both a blessing and a curse.  "A" can almost be transformed into anything: a holiday song, a snowman, angel, antique sled, abominable snowman.  You get the idea.  And sometimes that amount of craft freedom can drive a girl nuts.

I decided to go with arctic sky.  I had been playing with my gelli plate and I loved the shine and flow I was getting from my shimmer paints and Izinks.


Using stampin' up's white christmas stamp set, my marvy snow marker and champagne stickles I created this sweet little winter wonderland and sky-filled northern lights.



I am entering my tag in Anything But A Card's Challenge No. 42: Celestial, Simon Says Bling It On Challenge and Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #7 Tic-Tac-Toe (tape-glitter-stamps).

Coming soon: I have designed and created a bunch of holiday cards this season that I would love to share with you and I also plan to share my year's favourite posts with you.  It has been a fantastic year and the holiday season is in full swing.  I cannot wait to hear how you celebrate and plan for the new year.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Pam... this is sooooo pretty. I have to get a gelli plate. I keep hearing and seeing such fabulous creations done with them. I love the background and that's a brilliant take on the letter "A" Thank you for creating with us at Anything But A Card

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful tag! love all the metallics :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous scene you created on this tag!! I love all the depth and dimension. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous tag. I love your 'gellied' background and the super scene you have created with it. Thank you for playing along at Anything But A Card. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Thanks for joining the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous tag... so serene and peaceful! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge! And Happy New year!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful presentation of the Arctic sky! Thank you for joining us at Anything But a Card, Neva from the DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background is stunning on your beautiful tag! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Tag - love the snow and all the detail! Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Lynne, Anything But a Card DT

    ReplyDelete