Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening - Coco Chanel

It's my friend Jo's birthday (check out her blog: Three Cs).  When I think of Jo I'm reminded of simple beauty, clean lines, white, haute couture and laughter.  Et voila.  Jo's birthday card.


The screen print (home decor - bottom right) and the rubber stamps (there are five used on the newspaper print - can you spot them?) went hand in hand as if they were always meant to be together.

The focal paper is a homemade collage incorporating the home decor screen print with newsprint paper.  This was my first attempt at integrating collage into one of my paper crafts.  I was a little worried about how the inks would respond to the liquid glue sealer, however, there really wasn't any need to fret.  It turned out extremely easy to work with - as long as you leave it alone to dry (or use a heat tool).

I distressed the collage with Tim Holtz distressing ink (worn lipstick, vintage photo) using the Prima Donna Downey Studios Perforated Dot Flower stencil to create a designThe final product looks like the newsprint had some rosy tea stains.  I anticipate a lot of fun and play with ink colours and collage in the future.  I'm very much sold.



The little butterfly was stamped with Archival Jet Black ink onto the home decor screen print, cut out and affixed with a Recollections brad.


Jo designs and sews clothes as one of her passions.  How great is this dress form stamp?  And I love the chandelier hanging in the middle of the page.  If I had to pick a favourite it would be the chandelier or the little bunch of flowers near the ribbon.  They're all so sweet, how can you pick just one?



The ribbon was actually plain white and I distressed it using Tim Holtz distressed paints (picked raspberry, mustard seed).  I'm not sure why I wanted to introduce another colour to the card at this point.  I love pinks, oranges and yellows.  It just seemed to be the right thing to do and I like the way it turned out.  I debated going over it with a smidgen of vintage photo or tea dye and decided against.  The brightness of the ribbon matches the gloss of the collage and contrasts with the vintage photo stained newsprint.


I've entered this card in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Anything Goes.

Jo introduced me to the world of blogginess and rekindled my passion for nearly everything crafty (paper craft, jewelry and photography)!

Thank you, Jo, and have a very happy, relaxing and inspirational birthday!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Love that pretty butterfly!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete