Pages

Monday 12 May 2014

42: the answer to the universe and so much more

I am a proud member of a stamping club which means I get some pretty fantastic perks like accessing the creative minds of 42 wonderful ladies and super yummy snacks once a month.

It also means that I have 42 birthday cards to make, 42 Valentine's Day tags and 42 Christmas something-or-others. And for our 15 year anniversary, the club members have decided to create personal information cards to share with each other - which means, you guessed it, another 42. 

My real issue (as people so delicately pointed out): I do not create anything simple which makes creating in bulk more time-consuming and slightly onerous.  There is some direct correlation between the number of layers and items on a card and the time it takes that I cannot seem to absorb.  Perhaps one day I will learn better.

I created the background of my information card by dipping and running a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 section of watercolour paper through two distress inks (tea dye and weathered wood) on my mat to get the splattered texture look.



I coloured Deep Red Yolanda in with markers and coloured pencils and highlighted the cup and chair background with watercolours using my distress ink (tea dye).



My very good friend brought the geek is the new sexy stamp back from San Diego for me, along with two rolls of washi tape including the glasses that you see on the left of the information card.  I absolutely adore the glasses and coffee washi strips.  The background is clear-ish and so it seems like a floating stamp.  I punch cut the banner on the side.  Gives the card the extra va-va-voom.


This was project one at the stamp club retreat.  Follow me on instagram to get a peak at the other projects coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Very awesome information card. I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete