Pages

Sunday 24 July 2016

the traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see - gilbert k. chesterton

Participating in this month's tim holtz 12 tags of 2016.

This is mr. holtz's inspiration:

And here's my version:




I had so much fun making the july tag that I decided to make a second tag with a slight twist.  For the second tag I added gesso to the tag first and removed the distress stain (broken china, cracked pistachio, hickory smoke, stormy sky) through a stencil (carta bella vintage airplane).  I die cut the word travel (tim holtz thinlit die adventure words script) and added a piece of burlap behind the tag and the journal word world to the bottom front.  I watercolour-resisted the globe (tim holtz schoolhouse blueprint stamps), added some staples to the top and bottom of the watercolour piece and wrapped the tag in thick twine.  Through the twine I wove chain and attached let's get lost and pack your bags charms with thinner twine.





Have fun, keep crafting and get messy blogosphere friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment