Pages

Monday 1 September 2014

window hunting: father's day part two

My father-in-law loves hunting and looks forward to his hunting trip every year starting from the last day of being out in the field.  I focused on the anticipation of hunting for this Father's Day card (see geek is new sexy fathers day part one for my Father's-Day-in-August/September explanation), gazing out the window, watching the ducks swim by, dreaming of deer and moose ..



I stamped my Impression Obsession cover-a-card distressed brick stamp using antique linen distress ink and embossed it with clear powder.  I am obsessed with IO.  Seriously.  Quality stamps and fabulous images.

I cut the Memory Box grand madison french doors from white cardstock and clear distressed crackle painted (Ranger: clear rock candy) it to create a white-painted-wood texture.

I found the binocular embellishments at R&R Scrapbooking.  R&R is a phenomenon every crafter must experience.  If you're in the Edmonton area add this wonder to your list of things to see.  But be sure to save about 2 or 3 hours and a ton of spending money.  I'm not kidding.




So many exciting projects to come: two retirement memory books, a thank you gift for teachers, daycare staff or family, a Gorjuss birthday card, my take on a graffiti birthday card and a Halloween double-sided tag swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment