Pages

Sunday 16 February 2014

valentine's day tags 42 over 2 posts part 2

Part two of the 42 tag valentine day adventure begins with cupid (you can see part one here).  The tag background was prepared with peeled paint and worn lipstick distress inks, covered and heat set with Viva Croco crackling color (silver).  The Croco crackling effect was new to me and decidedly delightful.  Crackling color gave the crackle a less invasive finish than the homemade version which has an entirely different texture.  I adore both and I love having them both in my technique bag of goodies.  

Behind Cupid I added Stampotique hanging hearts and set her above a Octopode Factory cupcake wrapped in love.


The heart on her crown was embellished with Viva Pearl Pen (red).  I cannot say it enough: I love the Pearl Pens.  So much greatness in one container.


It appears that cupid was successful.  The raining hearts were punch cut from glitter cardstock.


And my final tag was a cityscape (Memory Box die cut) filled with love.


Peeled paint, tea dye and worn lipstick distress inks make up the background.  I misted it with water before heat setting to add texture.


The ribbon, which I found at Michaels craft store, was a bit of unexpected fun.  The hearts have a bit of a dimension and rubbery feel to them.  A wonderful little treat.


mr. everythingshetouches isn't a fan of the commercial exploits of the holiday, however, I still got a dozen roses (I have a whole other post about the roses situation in our household almost ready for posting) and a very adorably funny note.  Breakfast with the man, dinner with both my guys and wonderful friends and an evening of stamping madness made for an incredible valentines day.  

And the love continued into yesterday: dinner with two incredible friends (super yum) and a big thank you to mr. click! print! scrapbook! for the mini seashells.  I have the perfect idea for its use in mind.

I hope that you all had as much love and fun on your valentine's day and for all of my Canadian friends celebrating a statutory holiday this weekend: enjoy!  I would love to hear how you "observed" the holiday either in the comment section below or by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment