Pages

Thursday 20 March 2014

shabby freya chic

Shabby chic Freya (Octopode Factory) was submitted into February's Inked Stamper 10-tag swap.  I'm pretty sure that if I demonstrated no restraint that Freya would become my go-to gal for all of my creations over the next little while.  And I must admit I love digi-stamps.  I love the choice in sizing and I really adore the consistency in the image lines especially when you are producing en mass.

The tag base was a large Julie Nutting tag.  These tags make a great foundation to any tag design.  Made with heavy cardstock and printed with a non-intruding image you get a great base for your work.  

I distressed the sides of the tag with vintage photo and haphazardly stenciled on some hearts using a soft pink acrylic paint.  I gave the hearts some definition and grounded them onto the tag by outlining them in Dina Wakley style with gelly roll black.

I stapled lace ribbon into place at the bottom of the tag and added two eyelets on either side so that I could suspend a bit of chain.


I used Bo Bunny Pincushion cardstock as a backdrop for Freya and highlighted each strip by distressing the edges with vintage photo.  Freya  was coloured in with a mix of media.  Hair, skin and grey bits were done with coloured pencils.  Green and black items coloured in with markers.  Freya's lips have been brought to you today with gelly roll red.  The three dots (bottom right) were added with Viva Pearl Pen (red).


I added my domestic washi to the side of the tag.  Still loving the tutu-looking one the best, however, I have a vintage stamp that worked out amazingly well for this shabby chic challenge (see top and middle pieces).



I really love how this tag turned out.  Simple yet interesting and dynamic.  And Freya knocked it out the park with her chic-atude. 

Thank you for stopping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment